Thursday, October 18, 2012

Lucerio _cover

Hi guys,
this is a comic I drew back in the 80's when I was about 14/15 years old, for some competition of which I can't remember details.

As I went back home for the holidays I found it in one of my drawers and thought you might get a kick out of it, since it's rather funny for many possible ways.

 You will notice that my research on Victorian life was not very good, although I did my homework on costumes (but then again I was always fond of costumes) and so there will be quite a few historical mistakes.

 It's inspired by horror stories written during the romantic period (I was always a big fan of ghost/horror stories, the kinds they use to tell each other on Christmas eve) particuarly by Thèophile Gautier who is also mentioned in the comic itself.

It's the story of Fanny. She is a famous writer, albeit she gets published under the pen name: Lucerio.

Everybody believes she is a man and she even invented a very romantic biography for her male alias. Until one day, while going Christmas shopping, Fanny meets a mysterious man who introduces himself as Lucerio in person.

Is this some kind of trick?

No comments: